Microsoft FCI Enabler
Windows Server 2008 R2 File Classification Infrastructure (FCI) provides basic classification functionality for R2 servers. However, support for better identification of data - especially for data generated by users, services, and applications - is necessary. To help FCI deliver more accurate and actionable decisions, it is crucial to eliminate today’s frequent false positives and negatives.
THE SECURE ISLANDS SOLUTION
Secure Islands enhances FCI with an additional and more powerful layer of classification capabilities. This enables FCI to be more accurately and rapidly identify data based on source-based classification parameters such as data owner, context, and other sophisticated content classification techniques.
In addition, FCI metadata allows Secure Islands to intercept data and apply RMS protection on data either sent or uploaded to web and cloud services, or sent through IM and other collaboration tools.
- Adds metadata labeling based on Secure Islands’ source-based classification, enabling FCI to identify files on File Servers more accurately and quickly.
- Offloads classification processes to endpoints, reducing CPU workload.
- Applies automatic protection based on classifications applied by FCI.
- Dynamically re-classifies classification tags applied by FCI - driven by system or user.
- Allows FCI content inspection of encrypted data.
- Encrypts based on FCI classification when classified files are uploaded to cloud services.
- Risk assessment reporting based on FCI data classes.
- Information usage reporting based on FCI data.