Microsoft AD RMS Enabler
Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) product is an excellent and widely used data protection offering. However, the solution is rarely exploited to the fullest on an enterprise level. It is focused on the basics of Enterprise Rights Management and relies on partner solutions to extend this base offer into the problem space often requested by customers. Namely: native coverage for applications other than MS-Office; integration with line-of-business applications; finely granular and application specific centralized security policy; detailed auditing capabilities for compliance and forensics; and finally simpler enablement of external collaboration.
THE SECURE ISLANDS SOLUTION
Secure Islands enhances your ongoing AD RMS implementation, by providing automatic protection based on “hands-free” classification, multi file format support, centrally managed classification and protection policy, managed processes for protected content collaboration and more. Solutions from Secure Islands leverage native RMS capabilities, while adding a simple but powerful management layer based on sophisticated, real-time classification of data from any enterprise source.
- Automates RMS protection driven by classification on endpoints, repositories and ECM systems.
- Enables ongoing data-centric risk assessment and reporting, auditing and forensics.
- Instantly broadens AD RMS coverage to include any file, mail, web page, or application field based on a central policy.
- Enables “white listing” of trusted applications to access AD RMS protected data for smooth operation.
- Supplies the capability to access and handle AD RMS encrypted data in a uniform way on all major mobile platforms: Blackberry ®, iPhone®/iPad®, and Android™.